The next facility
for children was the Children's Library. The Children's Library,
built in Moto-machi near the Children's Culture Hall in April 1952,
was made possible by government funds and a sizeable donation from
the Hiroshima Prefectural Association of Southern California based
in Los Angeles. When the library opened, it lacked bookshelves and
chairs, but children went there every day looking for books. On Sundays,
the number of visiters would climb over 300.